Where is the Palace of Versailles located?
The Palace of Versailles is located in the town of Versailles, approximately 20 kilometers southwest of Paris, France. It is easily accessible from Paris by train, taking about 30 minutes from central Paris.
What is Ile-de-France?
Ile-de-France is one of the 18 administrative regions of France. It is located in the north-central part of the country and is the most populated region in France. The region is known for being the economic, political, and cultural heart of the country, and includes the capital city, Paris.
What are the best things to do in Ile-de-France beyond Paris?
Ile-de-France offers much more than just Paris. The most visited places are:
1. Château de Versailles, Versailles
2. Fontainebleau Forest and Château, Fontainebleau
3. Château de Malmaison, Rueil-Malmaison
4. Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée
5. Barbizon Village, Barbizon
6. Château de Vincennes, Vincennes
7. Provins, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
8. Rambouillet Forest and Château, Rambouillet
9. Château de Chantilly and Gardens, Chantilly
10. Parc de Sceaux, Sceaux
11. Château de Breteuil, Choisel
12. Basilica Cathedral of Saint-Denis, Saint-Denis
13. Château d'Écouen - National Museum of the Renaissance, Écouen
14. Van Gogh's House, Auvers-sur-Oise
15. Thoiry Safari Park, Thoiry
16. Vaux-le-Vicomte, Maincy
17. France Miniature, Elancourt